Today is Tuesday. It’s been two days since the Jets had a tough loss to the Oakland Raiders. My Twitterverse is STILL up in arms about it.
While I was disappointed in the loss…and Hell, I’ll be honest, one of the reasons I like football the least out of my three sports is because the redemption factor is at least a week away…I’m ready to move on and look to next week. After all, that’s all that can be done at this point too.
My advice to you, besides starting to drink heavily, is to RELAX.
1) It’s ONE friggin game. Again, I say RELAX.
2) Did we truly expect for the Jets to go 16-0? I certainly did not. The fact is, you win some games and you lose some games. RELAX.
3) I guess what people are up in arms about is that after starting the season two games at home, they have three games on the road. Do people seem to forget this is the same team that had all their playoff victories on the road? RELAX.
4) I was a little torqued about the defense, defense, defense mantra, then allowing the opposition to score 34 against them. Also, there were some dumb ass penalties during the game. You could see it either way: home cooking by the hometown refs, or that the defense just wasn’t doing it’s job or taking unnecessary risks. My thoughts? Let this one go. Certainly, this wasn’t the game for them. RELAX.
5) My mom thinks he’s cute, but I don’t like Brian Schottenheimer. Ah, fuck it. RELAX.
The reality is, I think the Jets are allowed a tough loss every now and then. Sucks that it could have been a 3-0 start and not 2-1, but that’s the way the turd curls. You want to know what I am really pissed off about, mostly? That I have to wait till December to go to my first Jets game…and that due to my half-marathon on Sunday, I can’t take a road trip to Baltimore to see them play.